How realistic will this series be?

Forum for discussion of both the That'll Teach 'em series (Kings School and Hope Green ) and the follow up programme That Taught 'em. You can also discuss anything about educational standards of the present day or the past. Fans of the series can interact with the pupils and staff of all series as well.
<a href="http://www.teachem.co.uk/third-series/index.shtml">Visit our That'll Teach 'em fan Site</a>
nortam

Postby nortam » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:38 pm

Ah but Kayleigh It made you look very interesting!

And you were such a good sport when I mentioned it well done

Love Matron xx :lol:

William Shepherd

Postby William Shepherd » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:32 pm

I don't think girls should have got away with wearing makeup because boys didn't get away with things did they? I think it was right that your sister got her bum smacked because she had broken the school rules.
But I think matron is so nice, I think if she had been matron at your school she wouln't have sent girls to the Headmaster for wearing makeup, she's just too nice
I'm one of two

nortam

Postby nortam » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:12 pm

Don,t you believe it chuck! Can I ask why people are being kind to me?
I am not used to it. Maybe you should reserve judgement until after you have seen the prog. I think you will change your minds. :twisted:

Matron :shock:

hathaway

Postby hathaway » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:41 pm

The point which you are missing William is that in the 50's/60's Matron's job was not to get the girls into trouble, but to keep them from getting themselves into trouble, therefore rules had to be obeyed.

I went to school in the 50's, and if my mother found that I possessed a lipstick I would have been in trouble let alone the trouble I would have been in had I worn lipstick at school.

I am not saying that I was an angel, I used to turn my skirt over at the waistband to make it shorter but it was always noticed by the teachers, and when we left the school premises our berets always disappeared into our satchels but that again was not allowed. We were supposed to be properly dressed in our uniform from the time we left home to when we got home at teatime.

Punishment in those days used to be detention, again meaning double trouble when we arrived home late, but I believe that the practise of detention is no longer allowed due to the long distances travelled to school these days.

ho-unit!

Postby ho-unit! » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:23 am

the current rule of detention is that they are allowed to be kept back upto a maximum of 10 minutes than normally expected without proir notice. At my school, we get a slip saying you're in detention and parents know.

o and for reference, i didnt actually watch the 1st or 2nd series that much so i was in for some suprises. I watched an episode or 2 and i just thought up plans from there. My sister is a big fan though and can't w8 to see me on it. Plans was njust how they handled the stuff, how to work around things and how to hide stuff (unfortunately that back fired by day 2)

Doc, when you say changes from rules, I really didn't feel anything. I've always stood by rules (as you may have noticed) and them stuff was no different to normal schools except tougher and harsher punishments. Although other stuff hit me like how seriosly stupid I was and how much family meant to me. That bit's a hard thign to describe until you experience that kind of thing yourself.
The Beagle Boysz 2005!

William Shepherd

Postby William Shepherd » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:16 pm

I didn't mean to suggest that matron was so nice that she dosen't do her job properly, I think that in the programme she can be very strict. But I think back then in the 60's if she had been at the other poster's (oversizedschoolboy)'s school she may not have reported his sister to the headmaster knowing that she might be smacked for it. I think that matron might be too nice to actually get girls smacked for wearing lipstick or short skirts?
I'm one of two

nortam

Postby nortam » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:50 pm

Yeh I think you are probably right !

Matron :oops:

William Shepherd

Postby William Shepherd » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:53 pm

Haha, see matron is nice, she just doesn't like to admit it much lol!

I wish we had matron at my school!
I'm one of two

samwyvill

Postby samwyvill » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:27 pm

with the whole shock issue. I had seen some of the 1st series and watched the second at 2 b honest i dont think i had really thought about what i was going to be put in for. I generally keep by the rules of my school unless i think they are rediculous in which i give my views but i have never been a bad student or cause disruption really. though i am used to people loving me for being me and liking what i say and when i say it but i noticed when i was away my comments were not taken aswel as usual. Possibly becuase noone new the real me and thought i was being purposely rude. But by the end with me settling down and warming to many of the teachers i really felt a true success in myself! Which could not have been done without the hard Matron and the kind Doc Wilde, who i feel actually understood me and listened to me. thanks again... just another reflection after what i now see as an easy day at school.. in comparison! xxxx

nortam

Postby nortam » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:26 pm

Oh Dear ! :roll:

lukemills

Postby lukemills » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:14 am

here here sam

seb129

Postby seb129 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:00 pm

im sorry if i offend people! but id ont think any of my success on the programme was down to any of the teachers! i got throo the show bcos of m8s! ppl like donald and my emily! matron was the only person who wass remotely nice to me! i dont know why and i dont care why! but thank you matron ive never said that but thank you! you never really annoyed me on the show the only time was when you said we had changed! but i told you that! so its all gravy!!

seb x

sorry but all the other teachers just didnt listen or let us voice our opinons! i would of got on with the techers if i just got to say what i had to say! i know the 50s is not like that or whatever blah blah but thats what i think! ive got alot to say nd all i wanted to was say it!!

sexy si

release date

Postby sexy si » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:14 pm

word up g's
just wondering what is going on with the release date, i thought it was being released in feb

si taylor

Be at leso

Postby Be at leso » Thu May 04, 2006 11:00 am

William Shepherd wrote:I didn't mean to suggest that matron was so nice that she dosen't do her job properly, I think that in the programme she can be very strict. But I think back then in the 60's if she had been at the other poster's (oversizedschoolboy)'s school she may not have reported his sister to the headmaster knowing that she might be smacked for it. I think that matron might be too nice to actually get girls smacked for wearing lipstick or short skirts?

Matron really did do her job properly :) Matron you were great!!!!!
I think William’s right though, Matron would have just had a quite word with the girl wouldn’t she? (Just adjust your skirt dear lol)
Come to think of it none of the girls did try to shorten their skirts did they? Is this because the series was set in the 50’s and mini skirts weren’t all the rage yet, or was it because the series was actually stricter than the reality and no one would have got away with it?

William Shepherd

Postby William Shepherd » Thu May 04, 2006 8:10 pm

Matron's great I wish we had one at my school :D
I'm one of two

Return to “The Chalkboard”