Public School/Grammar School

Forum for discussion of both the That'll Teach 'em series (Kings School and Hope Green ) and the follow up programme That Taught 'em. You can also discuss anything about educational standards of the present day or the past. Fans of the series can interact with the pupils and staff of all series as well.
<a href="http://www.teachem.co.uk/third-series/index.shtml">Visit our That'll Teach 'em fan Site</a>
alex

Public School/Grammar School

Postby alex » Sun May 14, 2006 12:26 am

As someone who attends a public school (no I dont wear a top hat), where the environment has quite a few similarities to the old grammar school system shown in TTE I thought I had a little bit of an understanding of what the guys went through. I was just wondering if anyone else in private/public education got the same feeling or if there were any public school kids actually on the show and how it compared for them.
Alternatively you could just slag me off for being a posh idiot etc. (but you'd be wrong...honest!!!)

jockstrap

Postby jockstrap » Sun May 14, 2006 8:21 am

I guess one of the big differences between your education and the experience of the TTE pupils is yours goes on for several years where as they were only there for 4 weeks.

I am sure however you get more free time, are allowed outside the school grounds and watch TV or listen to music which the pupils of TTE were not allowed.

In both cases the experience is not only character building but will help you in your future life although the extent of that may never become apparent unless you take time out to analyse it.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." Author: Benjamin Disraeli

Return to “The Chalkboard”