Vicky Buxton

Forum for discussion of both the That'll Teach 'em series (Kings School and Hope Green ) and the follow up programme That Taught 'em. You can also discuss anything about educational standards of the present day or the past. Fans of the series can interact with the pupils and staff of all series as well.
<a href="http://www.teachem.co.uk/third-series/index.shtml">Visit our That'll Teach 'em fan Site</a>
craig_nichols

Postby craig_nichols » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:10 pm

vikki done it for me
woah

Linda

Postby Linda » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:03 pm

I think that Vicky and Ashleigh have been picked on a bit by the older generation because they have behaved in a way that is very twenty first century way, whilst attending a 1950's school.
Ok the school is a mocked up school, made for a TV programme, however the idea that these girls may think that that was an authentic 50's school experience must grate on the nerves of people who went through that experience.
Both girls may well have behaved in that way if they had been at school in the 50's, I'm not suggesting that they wouldn't have done, lets face it some did there was always rebels even then, but back then both Vicky and Ashleigh would have had to except some fairly harsh punishments as a result. At my school I remember girls just like Vicky and Ashleigh receiving corporal punishments from the Headmaster i.e. had their bum’s smacked, by hand or with a slipper, witch was excruciatingly painful.

I don't feel that strongly about it I thought both girls were very nice and livened up the last episode, but I suppose some have found it hard to accept that modern kids are re- enacting their childhoods so similarly but at the same time, in a very sanitised way without any of the really horrible bits.

Tinkerbelle

Postby Tinkerbelle » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:24 am

ok now i am going to have my say people can say what they like about the way we look on that'll teach 'em but at the end of the day it was difficult for us we had to firstly give up our holidays and then not see our parents or have little contact for a month which for some people is a very hard experience.

The way i see it is you can call us a bunch of moaning wining kids but it was hard and it was difficult to live there and if you think that it should have been made harder by watching us go through physical pain by being hit if we did something wrong then i think your sick.

Well done to all of the people that managed to get through it all and to those who didnt dont worry you just wernent ready for that kind of experience

Hope to see you all soon and it was really nice to see you all on wednesday

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Love you all
Tinkerbelle
A.K.A Emily

nortam

Postby nortam » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:42 am

There are approx 2,000 kids who would have loved the experience too!

:roll:

head_girl_reject

Postby head_girl_reject » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:57 pm

It's hard to think what we went for in the series, as it stopped being just a programme to us, as well, it was real life! But understandably the cameras will make us out to be typical girls/boys. However, I don't like tha suddenly I'm puking at seeing an eye ball, when I know I didn't. In episode two you can hear a girl in the background saying 'I'll do it!! I'll do it!!' when the eye ball came out.....is that that wimp the cameras are making the girls out to be? hmmm

Be at leso

Postby Be at leso » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:37 pm

Linda wrote:I think that Vicky and Ashleigh have been picked on a bit by the older generation because they have behaved in a way that is very twenty first century way, whilst attending a 1950's school.
Ok the school is a mocked up school, made for a TV programme, however the idea that these girls may think that that was an authentic 50's school experience must grate on the nerves of people who went through that experience.
Both girls may well have behaved in that way if they had been at school in the 50's, I'm not suggesting that they wouldn't have done, lets face it some did there was always rebels even then, but back then both Vicky and Ashleigh would have had to except some fairly harsh punishments as a result. At my school I remember girls just like Vicky and Ashleigh receiving corporal punishments from the Headmaster i.e. had their bum’s smacked, by hand or with a slipper, witch was excruciatingly painful.

I don't feel that strongly about it I thought both girls were very nice and livened up the last episode, but I suppose some have found it hard to accept that modern kids are re- enacting their childhoods so similarly but at the same time, in a very sanitised way without any of the really horrible bits.

Thats it, its like that pulp song, how does it go now?...everybody hates a torrist, especially when they think its all such a laugh! or somthing like that. I'm not saying anyone hates the kids (obviouly not, we love em) but it's easy to make living in the 50's look easy when the worst that can happen in the re-enactment is that you get to mop a floor, rather than getting a slapped bottom!

head_girl_reject

Postby head_girl_reject » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:37 pm

weLL, It's all just TV at the end of the day isn't it! We'll see how we're portrayed even more tonight! And hopefully it'll be ok...fingers crossed!!

craig_nichols

Postby craig_nichols » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:17 pm

tonite episode will be good im sure

somerset sunflower

Postby somerset sunflower » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:54 pm

craig im dreadin 2nyts.... there was a clip of me on gmtv readin a poem to a boy i fancied!! hhhmmm no names mentioned cough hudson cough!!
Missin ma That'll Teach 'em family!!

craig_nichols

Postby craig_nichols » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:15 pm

haha cant wait

The_Boss
Site Admin

Postby The_Boss » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:39 pm

somerset sunflower wrote:craig im dreadin 2nyts.... there was a clip of me on gmtv readin a poem to a boy i fancied!! hhhmmm no names mentioned cough hudson cough!!

How sweet I saw it :D :D

slf_peters_scotty

Postby slf_peters_scotty » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:13 am

dw vikki im sure ill be getting some abuse now and it looks like the 6 inch rule getting broken is coming up lol oh what fun that was xx lol but i dont know y other people get so worked up bout it. would you wanna watch the show if it was a buch of kids doing work and being good err no thats what i though . and to be honest whats it matter how we behaved its a laught at the end of the day and great fun aswell it was just so funny to see how quickly the teachers went off on one at you for the smallest thing wich for me mad winding the up even more fun

. poeple off the show pm me i need to talk to you bout somthing it will be good so plz do it love you all wednesday was fun nice to see everone

head_girl_reject

Postby head_girl_reject » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:37 am

How is everyone thinking the series is going to end up? I'm dreading them showing certain things!

head_girl_reject

Postby head_girl_reject » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:37 pm

Oh dear! I've found out they're possibly going to be showing the mikado, so what's going on!!! lol, I wonder what songs they show....me hollie and sally---'3 little maids from school are we....'!!!
That was such a good last day!

Miss Gibson

Postby Miss Gibson » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:48 pm

After all the work we all put in on `the Mikado' I should blinking well hope they do put a bit of it in.

Well done so far all you guys; I'd forgotten what lityle troopers you all are.

As for Mr Stanley, I'd certainly forgotten how masterful he could be :wink:

I'm very proud of you all.

Miss G

Return to “The Chalkboard”